Using GuardTools Apps and Components
When you use GuardTools apps and components such as GuardTools Mobile or GuardTools Command & Control, your personal data is not shared outside of GuardTools unless your employer is required to do so (by law, rules or agreements). On the other hand, the data that is produced for event reports – for example text, timestamps and photos in GuardTools Mobile – can and will be shared with relevant parties at your employer’s discretion, such as an end-client.
Nobody Likes Spam
Please contact us here for further assistance.
Who We Are
We are Blue Mobile Systems (BMS) and we make GuardTools, a digital total solution system for security work. Our headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden. GuardTools is aimed at several industries such as manned guarding, corporate security and alarm receiving centres.
The Data We Collect
If you have shown an interest in us or if you work in a relevant position in any of the industries mentioned above and others, we might collect data such as name, email address and your workplace.
If you are a client of ours, we store at least one phone number, email address, postal address and work title for your company. This is used for the Insider newsletter and Support-newsletters.
If you have an account at GuardTools Academy we store names, emails and workplaces for participants and group leaders. This is necessary for the functionality of GuardTools Academy.
You can always request your data and change or remove it. We:
- Only collect relevant data
- Always keep your data safe
- Do not share your data with others
Why We Collect Your Data
We collect your data if you are our client, if you have an account at GuardTools Academy or if we know or believe that you are interested in receiving marketing and information from us. Your data is used to maintain customer relations, basic functionalities on our website (e.g. GuardTools Academy) and to send relevant email marketing with information about our products and services, events, activities, as well as occasional promotions for products and services of our associated partners.
How We Collect Your Data
Most of our data is provided by you when you buy our products, sign up to our events or newsletters, use GuardTools Academy, complete a survey, enter one of our competitions, or show explicit interest in GuardTools in other ways such as visiting our booth at an event. We also collect data with cookies, which you can read more about below.
How We Use Your Data
When you are in contact with us we collect your data to:
- Process your order and manage your GuardTools Academy account.
- Reply to web forms you have completed on our site.
- Send marketing communications which you have requested. Customers will by default receive GuardTools subscriptions, but can choose to opt-out at any time.
- Provide you content and details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, licence details, invoice, reminders, and so forth. The contract may be with BMS directly or with a BMS partner.
- Process recruitment and processing job applications.
We also collect your data in order to:
- Email you with news about GuardTools and related topics. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. Please note that we do not send any unsolicited e-mails to people living in Germany or Switzerland, in compliance with relevant data regulations.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
Finally, if you are a client of ours we collect data to:
- Send you information and notifications about the products and services that you have purchased from us (the Insider-newsletter and the Support-newsletter).
- Contact you to survey your opinion on our products and services.
- Keep GuardTools Academy running smoothly for you.
How We Store Your Data
We store personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Blue Mobile Systems for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Blue Mobile Systems correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Blue Mobile Systems to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Blue Mobile Systems erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Blue Mobile Systems restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Blue Mobile Systems’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Blue Mobile Systems transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keep you signed in to e.g. GuardTools Academy
- Increase our understanding of how the site is used
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website mainly uses functionality cookies. This enables us to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to Manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies however, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to Contact Us